Light it up

I was looking for a lamp a while ago, but not just another ordinary lamp. While browsing in an antique store, I stumbled upon this piece, and bought it for R150. I instantly saw its potential:

image

The lamp stands approximately 40cm high, a nice height to fill a space. I bought some nice stripe material to spruce it up a bit, as well as rope and polestyrine balls. The idea was to change the lamp base as well so that the top and bottom balanced better.

For the lamp shade, I cut and then glued the material onto the existing shade. For the base, I cut the polestyrine balls in half, hollowed them out a bit, and then place the two halves around the base. There is no need to glue them together again, as the rope will hold everything together.

I started at the bottom of the base and glued the rope onto the base, working my way up. When reaching the balls, I used hot glue to make sure the rope will stay in place. As you can see, the rope covered the base and the balls nicely.

Lamp new

Lamp shade base

Advertisements