Here is a nice idea of revamping two different bedside tables to create a more uniform look in your own bedroom or guest bedroom. These bedside tables I placed in our guest bedroom.
The one was brown with light brown wicker baskets, and the other was white in some areas and then the bare wood was showing in other areas:
I decided to buy pale white and a light brown colour spray paint to update the bedside tables. The wicker baskets and door I wanted to spray with the darker colour, to add a bit of interest to the tables.
It is important to choose an area that is well ventilated before starting, and use enough ground cover sheets as the spray paint will travel during spraying. Those paint ground sheets are quite big and works well.
1. First I removed the door from the one table and the baskets from the other. I also removed the handle from the small door.
2. I prepared the wood by lightly sanding it down, and then used a damp cloth to wipe off all the dust. Clean the baskets with a brush to ensure all the dust is removed.
3. Then I sprayed the tables with the white spray, let them dry a bit and sprayed another coat. I recommend two cans of spray for these size tables.
4. Then I sprayed the door and the baskets with the darker paint, let them dry a bit and sprayed another coat.
5. I have a stencil with a pretty pattern, which I used on the tops of the tables, which added a nice final touch to the tables.
5. Once everything was dry, I placed the baskets back and screwed the door on again. I also added a new knob to the door.
This is the final outcome: